SEARCH for an ANSWER
You may pay insurance premiums by transferring money to Our bank accounts.
If You conclude a contract through Our representatives or partners, You can pay insurance premiums in the manner specified by them.
No, terminating the insurance contract will not cost You extra.
You may cancel an insurance contract that has not yet taken effect or terminate an already valid insurance contract on the self-service portal or by sending Us an application by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org .
If after concluding a contract You receive insurance documents containing some incorrect information, please be sure to inform Us thereof by e-mail email@example.com. If this information is important, for example, for the assessment of the Insurance Risk, terminating the contract and concluding a new one may be necessary. Otherwise, We will simply correct the mistakes and send correct documents to You.
If Your company needs an invoice for insurance services, provide it with an insurance certificate, because according to applicable legislation, it is equivalent to an invoice, which allows recognizing costs as expenses.
Yes, but be sure to enter the correct payment order number in the payment purpose field.
No, according to legal acts applicable in the Republic of Lithuania, insurance premiums are not subject to value added tax.
If You use an insured vehicle to travel abroad, You may be issued a Green Card, which confirms that the civil liability of drivers of Your vehicle has been insured and You do not have to purchase a separate compulsory motor insurance in each country you visit.
A Green Card shall be issued together with Your other insurance documents. When traveling abroad, do not forget to print it out –You can do it yourself on a white sheet of A4 paper since 1 July 2020, when new Green Card forms took effect.
When concluding an insurance contract, You shall inform Us of the purpose of use of Your vehicle. If the vehicle is to be used for personal needs, this shall be a standard risk. The use of the vehicle for the following purposes shall be considered a non-standard insurance risk: provision of taxi and ride services; paid transportation of passengers or cargo; provision of security services; provision of fire services; provision of police services; provision of ambulance services; provision of regular passenger services; short-term (up to 6 months) rent or rent with a driver; transportation of liquid fuel, gas or chemicals; teaching to drive. It is also important to indicate in this case that the insured vehicle shall be operated by an inexperienced driver. If You do not know or have any doubts as to the purpose of use of the vehicle, contact Us by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 19 001, and We will provide You with all the necessary information.
Civil liability of Yours and other persons who operate Your vehicle to third parties, i.e. if Your vehicle causes damage to the property, health, life of other persons or violates their legitimate interests otherwise, We shall indemnify this damage to this person on behalf of You.
If You have a vehicle registered or intended for registration in Lithuania (regardless of whether it is a car, a motorcycle, a tractor, etc.) or you have entered into a leasing (or another similar) agreement on financing the purchase of a vehicle, You shall insure civil liability of Your own or other persons, who will operate Your vehicle.
If You want to insure a vehicle whose owner does not have a driver’s license, please indicate experience of the youngest driver on our self-service portal in the field “date of issue of the driver’s license”.
If You travel in Lithuania, You are not obliged to carry insurance documents with You, however, when going abroad, You must have a printed Insurance Certificate and a Green Card.
By concluding a CASCO insurance contract, You can insure a vehicle against all risks with clearly listed exceptions. Additionally, You can cover the driver and accompanying passengers under accident insurance, choose the roadside assistance service or insure additional (non-factory) equipment.
Under this insurance We shall cover vehicle which You own or manage under a financing (e.g. lease) agreement against Your selected risks in accordance with applicable insurance rules or other conditions which We agree on. Please note that We shall only insure factory assembled vehicle, i.e. assembled and equipped as it was at the time of its release into circulation, thus please inform Us about all subsequently acquired or installed accessories by e-mail email@example.com.
Yes. When concluding an insurance contract, You shall be obliged to provide photographs of a vehicle which You plan to insure. Please use the guide for taking photos available here.
No. However, this condition shall only apply if motor insurance coverage has been valid uninterruptedly. For example, if Your insurance contract expires on 31 08 2020, a new contract shall take effect no later than 01 09 2020.
Generally, yes, however the Insurance Terms and Conditions or the Insurance Policy may provide for exceptions.
When concluding an insurance contract, You shall inform Us of the purpose of use of Your vehicle. If the vehicle is to be used for personal needs, this shall be a standard risk.
The use of the vehicle for the following purposes shall be considered a non-standard insurance risk:
- provision of taxi and ride services;
- paid transportation of passengers or cargo;
- provision of security services;
- provision of fire services;
- provision of police services;
- provision of ambulance services;
- provision of regular passenger services;
- short-term (up to 6 months) rent or rent with a driver;
- transportation of liquid fuel, gas or chemicals;
- teaching to drive. It is also important to indicate in this case that the insured vehicle shall be operated by an inexperienced driver.
If You do not know or have any doubts as to the purpose of use of the vehicle, contact Us by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 19 001, and We will provide You with all the necessary information.
If you have a European Health Insurance Card, You will only receive the necessary medical assistance during Your temporary stay in any country of the European Union. You will have to cover other possible costs, such as transportation to a medical institution, repatriation, living expenses abroad, premiums, surcharges, etc., Yourself.
We recommend purchasing travel insurance in advance, but no later than on the day of departure. If You are outside of Lithuania on the day of concluding the contract, You will not be able to conclude a travel insurance contract.
We recommend having both printed travel insurance documents together with all travel documents and their digital version in a medium convenient to You. In case of an event, You will always have a Policy and a memo with You containing all the necessary information. This information is also available on the self-service portal.
Yes. If You plan to spend time actively on a trip (skiing, diving), to participate in official competitions (football, basketball, etc.), to study or go to work, this must be indicated when concluding a travel insurance contract.
You can use travel insurance to insure against unforeseen financial losses related to medical expenses in case of baggage loss or delay, damage done to third parties, travel interruption, and documents lost while on a trip.
If You ask for indemnification of expenses related to health recovery, e.g. medicines, nursing supplies, paid procedures, etc., You shall provide a proof of purchase and factual evidence, such as receipts, invoices, etc.
- You shall provide, in all cases, a detailed statement from a medical institution, stating the diagnosis and reflecting Your current medical condition after the injury, also indicating the treatment prescribed for it, the treatment period and possible residual effects;
- If You give Us a consent to the processing of Your personal health data, We by our self may ask the medical institution to provide this statement.
- A traffic accident declaration or another document confirming liability and circumstances of the accident (for example, a police statement), if You have one;
- a copy of a driver’s licence;
- photos or videos from the accident scene (if You have them);
- information on witnesses and other available information important for the investigation of circumstances of the accident.
- If You register an accident report on Our website, You will be able to attach all the available documents to the report form;
- If You have additional documents or applications to a registered accident or if You registered the accident by phone, submit them to Us by e-mail: email@example.com .
You can file a claim directly with a foreign insurer of the vehicle at fault or the representative of this insurer in Lithuania.
If a foreign insurer has not appointed representative for claims administration in Lithuania, then, upon occurrence of the Insured Event, refer to any insurance company offering compulsory motor insurance in Lithuania, and if the Insured Event took place abroad, please contact the Bureau (www.cab.lt).
You can report the Insured Event in the manner most convenient to You:
If an accident occurred in Lithuania, and the vehicle of the person responsible for the accident was not covered by compulsory motor insurance, You may refer to any insurance company offering compulsory motor insurance in Lithuania, which will administer the claim on behalf of the Bureau. If the event is recognized to be the Insured Event, that same insurance company will pay the insurance indemnity.
Yes. You must report a traffic accident when You are at fault within 3 business days in all cases, unless an electronic traffic accident declaration was completed at the scene: https://draudimoivykiai.lt/ .
- If a traffic accident occurred in Lithuania, complete an electronic declaration at the scene of the accident. You can complete it on Your mobile device (phone) by clicking the link: https://draudimoivykiai.lt.
- If an accident occurred abroad, draw a diagram of the accident and describe the circumstances of the accident as clearly as possible. Specify participants in the accident, the vehicles, witnesses (if any), the responsible person and confirm it all by signatures of all the participants in the accident.
If upon the occurrence of a traffic accident there are no circumstances making it necessary to call the police, and participants in the accident agree on liability and on circumstances of the accident, You can complete an accident declaration.
- If You disagree on the circumstances of and / or liability for a traffic accident with another road user (other road users);
- If a person has been killed or injured in a traffic accident; If the owner of the suffered property is not known when (you are guilty of the event);
- If the person having caused the accident is not known (when You are a suffered party);
- In case of a theft from a vehicle or a car theft;
- If the vehicle or property was damaged by illegal actions of third parties.
- Take all possible measures to reduce consequences of the event (provide first aid, protect property, prevent the spread of fire, etc.).
- Depending on circumstances of the event, immediately report it to the help line by calling 112 or, if the event took place outside Lithuania, – report it to the police.
Voluntary motor own damage insurance.
A person appointed by You and specified in the Insurance Contract, entitled to receive an insurance indemnity in case of the Insured Event.
A sudden, unexpected event, independent of the will of the Insured Person, that happened to the Insured Person during the validity period of the Insurance Contract, when damage was done to the life or health of the Insured Person.
Compulsory motor third party liability insurance.
Document issued by Us, printed or electronic, depending on Policyholder’s choice, certifying the conclusion of an insurance contract, often simply called a “policy”.
Balcia Insurance SE, company licensed to conduct insurance activities in the Republic of Lithuania, operating through Balcia Insurance SE Lithuanian branch.
A natural or a legal person who has applied to Us or Our representative for the conclusion of an insurance contract or to whom We have offered to conclude an insurance contract, or who has concluded an insurance contract with Us.
Actions (action or omission), which person would not have committed, had she or he complied with minimum requirements of care and attention.
Our partner, who, in case of a travel insurance claim, will help You to resolve all the emerged issues quicker. It is also Our partner, who will help You in case of a road traffic accident or a vehicle breakdown, if You have ordered roadside assistance service.
A person clearly stated in the insurance contract. We shall have an obligation to pay an insurance indemnity in case of occurrence of the Insured Event in the Insured Person’s life.
A likely threat beyond the control of the Insured Person, which threatens property interests of the Insured Person and is related to his or her life, health, property, or civil liability.
The amount of money specified in the Iinsurance Contract or calculated in accordance with the procedure established therein, which an insurance indemnity may not exceed. The Sum Insured shall be determined for each Insured and for each selected Insurance Risk. The Sum Insured shall be reduced by the amount of the insurance indemnities paid for each Insured Person. Exceptions may be stated in the insurance contract.
An incident provided for in the insurance contract upon the occurrence of which We shall be obliged to pay an insurance indemnity.
The sum that is deducted from the insurance indemnity amount payable to Policyholder, each Insured or Beneficiary for each Insured Event. Depending on the selected Insurance Risk, it may be specified in the Insurance Contract as a specific amount or as a percentage of the calculated loss amount.
Our partner abroad, who helps us to administer Insured Events that have happened abroad faster in case of compulsory motor insurance.